Friday 16 January 2015

Analysis of colour palettes and fonts


1.2.


3.4.


5.6.


7.8.


9.10.
 
These are some of the colour palettes I am looking at for my magazine. I have chosen a variety of colour schemes as I want to have a variety to chose from when I decide on the type of magazine, the layout and the model. I have looked at other existing magazines and lots seem to use schemes like number 10. I think this is so they stand out so I will take this into account and consider using bright/bold colours. I also like the pastel palettes like number 1 as it is simple and stylish. Ones such as 5, 6, 7 and 8 are also good as they incorporate colours but also look sophisticated and simple. I want an interesting colour scheme but not one that is too bright ,like number 9, that it could take interest away from the main image which is the focus of the cover.










Lots of magazines I have looked at use big bold text to make sure you can see it among the other writing and so it can be defined as the masthead. I would also like to use a bold font as it will stand out and make sure people know the name of the magazine. However I don't want to the font to be too big and bold that it takes attention away from the picture which is the main bit of the cover I want to stand out as it will grab peoples attention. I will make the masthead a larger font and the other text on the front page will be smaller and thinner so it doesn't get in the way of the cover picture. The most important article on the cover will be larger and less interesting or important articles will be written in smaller text as this is what I have noticed in other magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment