Friday 17 April 2015

Evaluation task 2 FINAL

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

Evaluation question 2


My magazine is a pop/rock magazine featuring a mixture of mainstream artists such as Ed Sheeran and lesser known artists that are just entering the music business. I think this gives my magazine a wide audience as it will attract the large fan bases of popular artists and helps give smaller artists a boost into the music industry. I think this will appeal to a large audience and make the magazine more interesting than existing magazines that only focus on mainstream artists.

My magazine is aimed at a range of people such as fan girls and indie scenesters as there is content to appeal to a range of people. The fan girls will like the articles on mainstream pop artists but will also be given an opportunity to find new pop artists they may not have found if they were to read another mainstream pop magazine. Fan girls will like this magazine as it is similar to other magazines they like already so they are more likely to buy this product.

People such as indie scenesters, young alts and trendies will like this magazine as it helps them keep ahead of the trends. I think they will buy my magazine as it helps them keep up with current trends and introduce them to new artists. My magazine has a good mix of current and upcoming trends so that it can reach a larger target audience than other similar magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment